I am going to express how simple it is to make nut milks by making this blog so short and sweet (you would miss it if you’re not looking closely)…like if superman had a cape made of almonds and streaked agave nectar through the clouds…is it a bird, is it a plane… no it’s almond milk
- 1 giant handful of aussie almonds (or a cup) which have been soaked overnight (I like to throw in a couple pecans for good measure)
- 3 cups of water (preferably filtered)
- 1 tsp of cinammon, and a smidge of nutmeg
- 1 pinch of salt (like mount zero pink salt)
- 2 Tbsp of something a little sweety-sweet (like loving earth agave, maple syrup, stevia (equivalent) or honey)
- Put almonds and 1 cup of water into a blender or food processor.
- Get a tall jar or a jug…..get a nut bag, cheese cloth or a chux…..use a rubber band and fasten the cloth to the rim of the jar (with enough slack to hold the mixture)……leave to strain for min of 45 mins but up to 2 hours……add everything else
- Chill….will separate in the fridge….so stir before using.