Today I have been run off my feet! making up poj porridges, samba salad sprinkles and breaky bar mixes………One week in, and the momentum is ‘pedal to the metal’ or ‘scoops to the spelt’, one might say. I love it! a really beautiful new regular Dana thanked me today for ‘helping her get healthy’….and this makes me sparkle on the inside…because that’s what all of this hard work has been for, and what the wholefood project is all about.
Just quickly, to keep all of you hooked on getting healthy; is a recipe for a super yummy salad mix (inspired by dukkah and my friend Deniz). I trialled this in the shop on saturday and the taste testing results were a resounding delicious!
you will need
- 1/2 cup of black sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup of unhulled white sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup of hazelnuts chopped
- 2 tbsp of pine nuts
- about 1 tbsp of rice bran oil
- 1 tsp of sumac
- 1/2 tsp of cumin and 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- put all of the ingredients (except for the spices and the sea salt) into a mixing bowl and coat all the dry ingredients with the oil
- put into a 180C (preheated oven) on a lined tray, spread out evenly for about 10 mins.
- Keep an eye on it, to make sure that it doesn’t burn
- Keep in an air tight container
WHAT TO DO WITH THESE
- scrambled eggs
- avocado on toast
- grated carrot
- baked beans